Monday, October 27, 2008

FLC--National Champs...Again!



While I try to keep my blog clear of shameless self-promotion, sometimes, it's needed. I'd like to congratulate the Fort Lewis College cycling team on their 9th mountain bike national championship. At the 2008 USA Cycling Collegiate Mountain Bike National Championships in Banner Elk, North Carolina this past weekend, Fort Lewis College bested the field including the host Lees-McRae to win the Division I team competition. Dave Hagen, the FLC cycling coach, had nothing but compliments for the FLC riders. "It was a great day for us," Hagen said. We had a bunch of riders who really stepped up for us." This year, we brought a more well-rounded team. And we did well in both (dual slalom and downhill)."

As someone who slowly rides his bike to work, I have great respect and admiration for our riders. Congratulations!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Woohoo!! Way-to-go team, Congrats, Go Skyhawks!